Become an Extension Master Gardener Volunteer
Have you wanted to gain more knowledge and skills in gardening and horticulture? The Extension Master Gardener℠ volunteer program just might be for you! Join our growing team of 25 volunteers and get involved.
Certified Extension Master Gardener℠ volunteers (EMGV) are trained and able to:
- Teach the public horticultural best practices
- Assist our agents in Extension related projects
- Troubleshoot garden and lawn issues
- Share and communicate resources to the public
- Improve their own garden skills and knowledge
In order to become a certified EMGV, participants must complete the 40-hour training, pass an exam, and volunteer 20 hours within one year.
The cost of the training is $150 and includes:
- State membership NCEMGV Association
- Hardback copy of the Extension Gardener Handbook
- 40 hours of in-person and interactive training
- Certified EMG Name tag (once completed)